Berry green lentils up until harvest…
- Sowing takes place in March
- Flowering occurs in May and June; their little white flowers are streaked with violet
- Pods appear at the end of June with just one or two lentils per pod !
- A combine harvester harvests the lentils in mid-July, just like cereal crops
- The lentils are sorted during the summer
- Mid-September: the new harvest is taken to market; this is one of the obligations that come with Label Rouge and PGI certification. Satisfaction guaranteed!